What is this nonsense?
Just a list of rules I’ve found and crafted over the years. These apply to people, pets, work, environments, everything.
Like it? Great. Copy it, and make your own.
Don’t like it? Cool. Not my circus.
Rules for a Great Life
- You are the only person responsible for your wants, needs, and happiness. But that doesn’t give you the right to be a f*cknut to others. Find the balance.
- Live with integrity. Decide what feels right to you, then do it.
- If you’re feeling fear or anxiety about something, you need to do the thing that you’re not doing. Lean into discomfort.
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you have always got. If what you’re doing isn’t working for you, time for something different.
- Think “abundance.” There’s so much success/money/dates out there that you should never settle for what doesn’t work for you.
- Any time you settle, you end up with exactly what you settled for.
- Back yourself. No matter what happens, good or bad, you will handle it.
- Be honest with yourself. That reflection in the mirror doesn’t lie.
On relationships with others
- Do not let anyone treat you badly. No-one, ever.
- Don’t tolerate behaviour you find intolerable. Know your non-negotiables, and never negotiate on them. Boundaries!
- Remove yourself from a bad situation instead of waiting for it to change. It won’t, and on the super rare chance it does, it’ll never be what you hoped it would be.
- Learn to say “no.” Ties in with “f*ck yes or no”. If it’s a maybe, it’s a no. Don’t settle (see above).
- Ask for what you want, and don’t be afraid of asking for help. You are not a fortress of solitude.
- Be clear and direct. Don’t speak in riddles, don’t play games, true authenticity is gold.