To help run your home smoothly, you can add certain members to 'Roles' and control what permissions they have.
Roles: groups of people in your home you want to assign special permissions - i.e. Admins (members can only be part of 1 role at a time)
Home Permissions: abilities at the home level - e.g. who can change the name of the home, who can create new rooms, who can invite people to join, etc.
Room Permissions: abilities at the individual room (channel) level - e.g. who can write in a chat or post room, who can pin messages in a chat or post room. Many people use room permissions to set up "read-only" rooms for things like "Announcements".
Roles & Home Permissions
Home permissions include the ability to set who can:
- Edit home info / profile - members with this permission can change the home's name, description, theme color, rules, welcome message, and new member survey.
- Manage rooms - members with this permission can edit and delete rooms, and manage room categories
- Create rooms - members with this permission can add new rooms to this home
- Create secret rooms - members with this permission can create and manage their own secret rooms (secret rooms are only visible to members of the home who’ve been specifically invited to them; other members of the home won’t even see that they exist)
- Create locked rooms - members with this permission can create and manage their own locked rooms (everyone in the home can see that locked rooms exist within a home, but people have to request to join them)
- Start broadcasts - members with this permission can start live broadcasts in broadcast rooms in the home
- Share screens - members with this permission can share their screen in video and broadcast rooms