- Over 100 sections of on-campus communication studies courses (in-person, online, + hybrid) including anti-racist and anti-oppressive curriculum: Public Speaking, Rhetoric of Race in America, Identity and Society, and Fundamentals of UX Design.
- Completed Build/Measure/Learn LEAN startup workshop as foundation for subsequent training and expertise in human-centered design, UX design, service blueprinting, and guerrilla user-research.
Diversity and Inclusion Roles
- Served on Faculty D&I Steering Committee (2015-2019) making policy recommendations and action steps directly to the college president and provost.
- Maintained expertise in the latest peer-reviewed research on D&I best practices, anti-racism, and anti-oppression content, workshop exercises, and organizational engagement strategies.
- Authored proposal and represented committee work to faculty that gained unanimous approval (12-month process) to establish a college-wide required course (CTI 150 Identity and Society, 2017).
- Reviewed and revised faculty D&I policy library under the supervision of Director of Human Resources (2016-2017).
- Created enhanced Title IX procedures for on-campus events and summer camps.
- Planned, publicized, participated, and/or led 18 college-wide D&I community engagement events (2014-2020).
- Partnered with Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) for fundraiser and documentary screening.
- Coordinated with Campus Ministries to found 120-person Showing Up for
Racial Justice organizing meetings including an implicit bias workshop
with 150+ attendees.
- Identified and hired external training experts for yearly Intimate Partner Violence Workshop (2014-2016).
- Created affinity group and conference decompression experiences for
200-400 event attendees at 8 college debate tournament from 2013 to
- Program director for nationally competitive debate team student group often invested in racial justice and civic debating which included managing $480,000 in expenses over eight years.
- Developed program review process co-curricular learning outcomes measurements + research into best practices as assigned by department chair, provost, and college president.
- Managed logistics, vendors, and space for civic engagement,
circuit-tournament and public debate events ranging from 100 to 700
- Led creation of annual bystander intervention training, HS workshops, public speaking competition series.