Senior Engineering Manager, Dropbox for Teams
Dropbox – Jan 2022 - Present
- Engineering Area Lead for 4 distributed teams, including 4 EMs and 35+ engineers working on the Dropbox for Teams product.
Engineering Manager, Dropbox for Teams
Dropbox – Aug 2019 - Feb 2022
EM for a new team set out to make crucial improvements to our self-serve revenue funnel focused on small and medium-sized Dropbox Business customers. Swiftly grew one team of two engineers into three fully-staffed teams with over a dozen new hires and internal transfers.
- Shipped numerous features and flow improvements which realized tens of millions of dollars of net new annualized recurring revenue
- Partnered with Product Managers and Design leads to develop quarterly and yearly roadmaps
- Established agile processes for all engineering teams in collaboration with PM, Design, and QA partners
- Developed personal growth plans for all direct reports for upcoming quarters and managed ongoing six-month review cycles
- Aligned projects and engineers to maximize individual growth and leadership opportunities while not compromising any key deliverables
- Produced recruiting and retention programs, including apprenticeship program for non-traditional backgrounds and sponsorship program to support software engineers of underrepresented groups
- Improved interviewing processes by rewriting our industry non-technical interview and leading significant changes to our emerging talent interview loops
- Co-lead of Latinx Employee Resource Group and led many company-wide internal engagement and social impact efforts
Senior Software Engineer, Core Application
Dropbox – May 2016 - Sep 2018
Lead Engineer on multiple critical frontend architecture modernization projects. Setting standards and leading the way with best practices for all web product teams at Dropbox while achieving fundamental goals of for the business. Increased site visits and engagement key metrics because of improved access and reduced latency.
- TTI performance optimization for the vital Home product, rearchitecting our entire data fetching and react initialization models to achieve ambitious TTI goals for both new and cached views
- Responsive Dropbox web product, establishing all best practices to enable mobile access to our primary file browser and new Home product with recent, favorited items