To create The Well App, I researched the field of positive psychology and how it can be used to beneficially change our mindset. Below are some of the most helpful resources if you want to learn more about the science behind The Well App.
- Achor, S. (2012, February 1). The happy secret to better work. TED Talks. https://www.ted.com/talks/shawn_achor_the_happy_secret_to_better_work
- Biswas-Diener, R., Diener, E. (2011). Happiness: Unlocking the Mysteries of Psychological Wealth. Germany: Wiley.
- Biswas-Diener, R. (2010). Practicing Positive Psychology Coaching: Assessment, Activities and Strategies for Success. Germany: Wiley.
- Porter, J. (2017, June 25). Why You Should Make Time for Self-Reflection (Even If You Hate Doing It). Harvard Business Review. https://hbr.org/2017/03/why-you-should-make-time-for-self-reflection-even-if-you-hate-doing-it
- Seligman, M. (2008, July 21). The new era of positive psychology. TED Talks. https://www.ted.com/talks/martin_seligman_the_new_era_of_positive_psychology
- Seligman, M. E. P. (2012). Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-being. Free Press.
- Slavin, S. J., Schindler, D., Chibnall, J. T., Fendell, G., & Shoss, M. (2012). PERMA: a model for institutional leadership and culture change. Academic medicine : journal of the Association of American Medical Colleges, 87(11), 1481. https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e31826c525a
- Waters, L., Algoe, S. B., Dutton, J., Emmons, R., Fredrickson, B. L., Heaphy, E., Moskowitz, J. T., Neff, K., Niemiec, R., Pury, C., & Steger, M. (2021). Positive psychology in a pandemic: Buffering, bolstering, and building mental health. The Journal of Positive Psychology, 17(3), 303–323. https://doi.org/10.1080/17439760.2021.1871945