Thinking Fast and Slow
by Daniel Kahneman
- Your brain has two modes of thinking: System 1 and System 2
- Your brain relies on mental shortcuts called "heuristics" to make judgments.
The Righteous Mind
by Jonathan Haidt
- Intuition comes first, and Strategic Reasoning second.
- There's more to morality than harm and fairness.
- Morality binds and blinds
The Design of Everyday Things
by Don Norman
- A successful design should convey information about how to use it to the user
- People develop mental models for how software functions
- People are naturally error prone: Good design should allow for that.
How Emotions Are Made
by Lisa Feldman Barrett