- "Good artists copy and great artists steal" — Pablo Picasso
- "Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true." — Bohdi in the movie Point Break
- "A person's success in life can usually be measured by the number of uncomfortable conversations he or she is willing to have." —Tim Ferris
- "If you get into the end zone, act as if you've been there before." —Vince Lombardi
- "There is performance upside everywhere. As a leader, your opportunity is to reset in each of these dimensions. You do it in every single conversation, meeting, and encounter. You look for and exploit every single opportunity to step up the pace, expect a higher quality outcome, and narrow the plane of attack. Then, you relentlessly follow up and prosecute at every turn. Yes, it is confrontational. That is pretty much what CEOs do all the time: confront people, issues and situations... It never ends." — Frank Slootman
- "You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have." — Maya Angelou
- "For me, it's tougher to be vulnerable than to be tough." — Rihanna
- "The stronger wind, the stronger trees" — Douglas Malloch
- "Have an iron hand in a velvet glove." — old idiom
- "A dog with two owners dies of hunger." — old idiom
- "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, while in practice there is." - old idiom
- "Even the best informed person ultimately comes to a leap of intuition before making a decision." - Alan Watts
- "Do not cross a river that is on average 4 feet deep" — old idiom
- "Take a simple idea and take it seriously." — Charlie Munger
- "If you want to make it beautiful outside, make it beautiful inside" - Ram Dass
Thanks for reading!
🤝 Enjoy this article? Don't miss the next one — join the newsletter.
🐦 You can follow me on Twitter.
📫 Questions or suggestions about this article? Get in touch.