Written September 2018, and now mostly answered.
- Do you let housemates rent out their rooms on Airbnb when they're traveling?
- Would this actually be better if we were a village of 100-150? I imagine we'd be more stable, and I feel like we'd have super strong "social gravity", which would enable us to attract brilliant and fascinating people from around the globe.
- How does intimacy scale?
- How do we keep the house introvert-friendly?
- How can we make a community that is supportive of big life transitions, like starting a family?
- How do other houses manage recruiting?
- How do we recruit well?
- What proportion of short-term to long-term housemates is optimal?
- What technologies can help keep logistical details low-friction at scale?
- How might we design spaces for both extremes of the introvert/extravert spectrum?
- What communities have existed in unique spaces (e.g., an old cruise ship), and how has that affected their experience?
- What legal structures enable or inhibit communal arrangements?