Information Content of Choices
- What aspect of individual lives is actually being consulted (their goals, beliefs, preferences, feelings, etc)?
- What processes are used to consult individuals about this aspect of their lives?
- What kinds of projects are justified by this institution?
- What does the justification for a project consist of?
- Is this the kind of justification that would be adequate for the kind of projects concerned?
- How are justifications built from the inputs of individuals?
- What processes are used to combine this individual information into justifications?
- Do these processes take into account the skews in how individuals are impacted by the projects justified?
- Are there incentives to misrepresent yourself?
- Are there incentives to manipulate others?
- Are there incentives to outsource or sell one's participation?
- Are there incentives to form conspiracies?