Effective from April 2021
Approved by: Chief Executive Officer
The objective of this policy is to capture and communicate our approach to a shared commitment to the provision high quality care and services to all Five Good Friends Members and loved ones.
- Care and Services – in Five Good Friends we view Care and Services as all of the ways we interact with our members and their loved ones. This includes:
- face to face support
- care management
- communication, and
- development and maintenance of the Five Good friends App and Lookout remote care monitoring.
- Five Good Friends provides care and support in line with the NDIS Practice Standards and Aged Care Quality Standards.
- We place Members at the centre of all that we do.
- We work in active partnership with our Members to plan, deliver, and review care and services in line with their goals, preferences, and what is important to them.
- We always seek opportunities to innovate and use technology to improve Member experience and outcomes.
- We empower the Member and Helper frontline relationship, with Care Team support, as key to supporting choice, control and person-centred care and support.
- We actively value and support the role of the informal care network, trusted and family friends, in achieving exceptional outcomes for our members.
- We will engage with other providers implementing the Member's Help Plan to ensure they work proactively to provide support according to the Member's preferences and respond to changing care needs.
- We respect our Members’ rights to dignity of risk, we seek to work proactively to support these decisions, and we do not withdraw services solely on the basis of these decisions.
- We actively support the delivery of quality care and services through:
- using technology to improve the oversight of care and enable people to live safely and independently in their homes
- robust recruitment processes
- education and learning opportunities for our workers including core education and competencies for their role,
- buddy shifts
- clear and detailed Help Plans, and
- clear and accessible organisational policies and workflows.
- We actively review quality care and services through:
- our Member review process
- our Net Promoter Score surveys
- operating an open and transparent feedback system
- operating a responsive incident management system
- our Quality Activity program
- our Care Team Stand Ups, Care Manager and Community Nurse Meeting processes, and
- Lookout remote care monitoring.