Welcome speakers! We're so glad to have you for PyCascades Remote 2021.
Here's (hopefully) everything you need to know for PyCascades 2021.
If you have questions or need help, contact Catherine Nelson by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or @-mention @Catherine Nelson in the PyCascades Slack.
On the day of the conference
- 90 minutes before your talk or intro if your talk is pre-recorded:
- Please log in to Slack, set yourself to active, and turn on notifications. This is how we will send you the link to join your talk, so it is super important!
- Log into Venueless using the link in your PyCascades ticket email - this is also how you can watch the rest of the conference! We'll resend the ticket email on Friday 19th so it will be near the top of your inbox. You can find the schedule here: https://2021.pycascades.com/program/schedule/
- You can find some more info on how to access Venueless (the conference platform) here: https://2021.pycascades.com/program/platform/
- Review your Tech Check feedback in the Next Day Video Presenter Portal and ensure you're ready to go.
- There will be a volunteer Speaker Wrangler who will be helping to make sure you are in the right place at the right time. They'll reach out to you on Slack.
- 60 minutes before your talk or intro if your talk is pre-recorded:
- Please announce your presence in #remote-2021-tech-check
- Attend a brief tech check with Next Day Video to ensure everything is working correctly
- Make sure you stay available in Slack, so we can contact you.
- 15 minutes before
- Please announce your presence in your specific Speaker Green Room channel in Slack (either #remote-2021-interactive-speakers or #remote-2021-prerecorded-speakers) depending on which track your talk is in.
- From there, you'll be given a link to transfer directly to our streaming platform (you won't be live yet!) and we will talk you through next steps interactively.
- Before your talk starts, a PyCascades MC will introduce you on the stream. The experience will be fairly seamless -you will be able to talk to the MC before your talk starts without it being streamed out, and we will make sure you are ready to go before we go live.
- We'll start with a 3 minute intro where you'll be live with the MC.
- Then we'll stream your 25 minute pre-recorded talk. There is text chat while your talk is being played, you are welcome to answer questions there if you like.
- The MC will do an outro and direct attendees to the Discussions channel.
- If you'd like to do Q&A after your talk, we'll do that in the "Prerecorded Track Discussions" channel in Venueless with help from a moderator.
Live talks ("Interactive Track")
- 50 minute slots will have live, moderated Q&A.
- The 30 min slots will not have Q&A after, but discussions can continue in the hallway channel in Venueless.
- There is text chat for attendees while the talks are happening - this will be moderated.
Before the conference
- Join our Slack channel at https://www.pycascades.com/join-slack
- Important: Please sign up using the same name that's listed on your conference talk.
- Please post a message in the #general channel, and tag the organizers using @pycascades2021 so we can add you to the correct backstage channel.
- (Optional) add your preferred pronouns to your bio