- Total-Pull-Requests - Total number of Pull Request.
- Cycle-Time - Time it takes from opening a Pull Request to close.
- Load-Balance-Factor - Distribution of Pull Request assigned on reviewer.
How to understand the report
- Higher throughput is generally desired but that requires profiling cycle time and carefully managing LB-factor.
- Shorter cycle time is always desirable, but several exceptions can happen for good reasons. Keeping eye on such outliers and learning from them is critical.
- We see pull request reviews as knowledge sharing tool, time spend with new engineers on team is expected to be high. Comment count usually show this story.
- High LB-factor could signify heavy Bus factor on reviewing team, adding more reviewer could be helpful.