❓ What does API vs. Assisted mean?
API vs. Assisted Connect Flow
API — Fully Automated Support (Instantaneous sync)
Finch's API connections are fully automated and provide near-instant extraction of data from clients' systems.
- UX — Employer admins simply pass their credentials into the connect flow and a connection is created.
- Data Extraction — Developers make requests to the various endpoints and retrieve data in our standardized format.
Assisted Connect Flow — Semi Automated Support (14 day sync)
The Assisted Connect Flow is Finch's semi-automated workforce data product that allows developers to support 100+ payroll and HRIS providers.
- UX — Employer admins follow the instructions to add a third party administrator or an equivalent user with the necessary permissions to their payroll or HR system. This third party will be using a shared email address (payroll@[developerdomain].com) to ensure consistency of branding to the end admin user.
- Data Extraction — Developers make requests to the various endpoints which create tickets in our product operations queue. Finch's product operations team will generate reports and transform the data into the standard Finch format within 14 days (and every 14 days for ongoing data refreshes). Developers don't need to build a separate flow or data extraction mechanism for Assisted Connect Flow.
- Support — The Finch product operations team can help walk your clients through the process, interact with their payroll or HR provider representatives, and answer questions about the process.