How-To Open a Position
TL;DR Protected Single Pools allow users to deposit a single asset (like ETH or USDC) and earn yield through a single strategy that is monitored off chain for risk and efficiently compounds rewards. This allows users to earn high yield from liquidity pool strategies while knowing the protocol will automatically withdraw when risks like pool balance and TVL don’t look right. Users earn higher yield on a single asset while knowing their risks are monitored.
Archimedes' Protected Single Pools (PSPs) streamline yield earning in DeFi. Designed for those keen on maximizing yield from assets like ETH, USDC, or BTC. PSPs shield users from the typical risks of liquidity pools and tracks their holdings in their deposited asset.
- Single Asset Deposits: Users are facilitated to deposit primary assets, including but not limited to ETH or USDC.
- Strategic Monitoring: PSPs employ funds in pre-selected pools. These pools are under the continuous surveillance of the Offchain Monitor, which performs a series of Health Checks block by block, ensuring real-time risk assessment.
- Risk Mitigation: The Offchain Monitor is proactive in preventing potential value depreciation from pool imbalances. It is constantly making decisions on whether to withdraw funds with the intent of protecting the user’s principal amount.
- Gas Usage Efficiency: Archimedes has optimized operations to ensure minimal gas expenditure for the user. This includes automated collective withdrawals during pool discrepancies and reward compounding, ensuring users are not burdened with excessive gas fees.
- Yield Optimization: Our system is structured to compound rewards frequently, ensuring users consistently receive optimal yields.
Archimedes’ PSPs aim to combine the benefits of high-yield strategies with the assurance of trust and protection. This approach allows users to explore the advantages of liquidity pools while being shielded from significant risks, such as impermanent loss and potential security breaches.
TL;DR Archimedes provides a way for users to deposit a single asset and get higher yield by using high yielding liquidity pools and compounding the rewards while protecting the assets, saving users time spent on constant monitoring of the pool and managing rewards.
Why deposit with Archimedes?
- Archimedes guards whitelisted pools from price divergence automatically removing liquidity when pool imbalances are detected. This keeps our user’s funds safe and means they do not have to monitor the pool themselves.
- Rewards are compounded efficiently meaning funds are earning yield more often and gas costs are socialized across the whole pool meaning your yield won’t be lost to gas and you can benefit from more often compounding.
- Users will deposit and withdraw in a single asset simplifying the experience of getting yield in an LP position with fewer transactions and different asset exposure. Rewards being compounded also means more assets are in your base asset rather than withdrawing 2+ pool tokens along with reward tokens that you then have to swap.
- Rest easy! Know the position is being monitored by Archimedes