💡 How you translate your technical skills into positive impact.
Planning & Estimation
- You're learning how to break down tasks.
- You're learning how to give accurate estimates.
- You often lean on others to help problem-solve project ambiguity.
- You often break down large stories into smaller, clearly defined tasks correctly.
- You often estimate accurately.
- You're beginning to problem-solve project ambiguity proactively.
- You consistently break down large stories into small, clear, and easily manageable tasks.
- You consistently estimate accurately.
- You often remove project ambiguity in close collaboration with others.
- You set realistic deadlines that drive urgency, but can be accurately met while working at a sustainable pace (i.e., meets deadlines through wise planning, not all-nighters).
- You accurately plan larger projects or initiatives involving significant additional challenges, such as major external dependencies, cross-team collaboration, or exceptionally difficult technical requirements.
- You consistently estimate larger projects accurately.
- You consistently and proactively remove project ambiguity in close collaboration with others while focussing on delivery.
- You teach others how to plan & estimate.
- You teach others how to estimate.
- You teach others how to handle and remove ambiguity.
- You successfully plan (and adjust plans for) very large initiatives that start with unclear or competing goals.
- You're learning how to prioritise tasks, often lean on others.
- You sometimes go off track.
- You often prioritise tasks within projects well.
- You're learning how to cut scope when necessary to deliver core goals on time.
- You often prioritise shipping value to users.