At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking to hire a Product Designer to help us continue creating great user experiences and make the complex simple.
The role 🎒
We're looking for someone who strives for simplicity and the "work to be done", with strong user interface and visual design skills. We're building simple and efficient products to help companies, payroll admins, and employees better manage, understand and run payroll. So if that sounds like something you'd be good at, we'd love to talk!
The salary range for this role is £50-65k/€58-76k.
More about the role and responsibilities
- Work with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Success teams to conceptualise problems from initial definition to shipping.
- Together with our Product Designers (Esben Lorenzen & Ollie Barker), maintain and develop our design system, ensuring that the product is streamlined and cohesive across countries and teams.
- Test and revise your designs based on your research, interviews and peer feedback.
- Contribute to building a collaborative, productive and friendly remote workplace.
- Receive and give feedback to help improve the work of your peers and yourself.
Why you should be excited about design at Pento 🤩
- Our Engineering team is a joy to work with. They care about finding the right solution and making your designs work as you intended. No stone is left unturned.
- We prioritise learning and continually work on learning new techniques and tools. Recently we participated in Adam Silver's Form Design Masterclass and also had the pleasure of getting a sneak-preview of Pedro Duarte's "So you think you can build a dropdown?" at the Pento Summit.
- We're fans of sharing our work with the world. We're very transparent about how things work, and if you like to share your finished projects on Dribbble, Twitter or other platforms, you are free to do so.
- Our design system has a strong foundation with well-known principles like the 8px grid and accommodating type-scale. Everything is built out in Figma, allowing you to move fast.
- You'll have the time to slow down and detach components. While we have a system in place for building fast, you will also have time to dig into our components and rethink how they work. We are always trying to improve our auto-layout compositions.
- 👉 Here's where we currently are on our input component
The role will be a great fit if... ✨
- You have great written and verbal English communication skills.
- You have experience within the digital design industry, ideally at a tech-forward, product-driven company (we're open to hiring at a midweight or senior level).