← All Open Positions
We're Happy Scribe, a 100% bootstrapped startup based in Barcelona.
We offer transcription and subtitling services by combining AI with the expertise of language professionals to create a 5-star product. We're working on one of the fundamental problems of this decade: speech-to-text technology.
We're just 14 people at the moment, but growing fast and profitable (€3M ARR, 110% YoY growth) and we're building the team thoughtfully and with a lot of care.
What you'll do
As a Product Design Lead at Happy Scribe you will take over a part of the job that André, our CEO and co-founder has done since starting Happy Scribe. At the moment there are no designers on our team, which means your will directly impact the future of our product and be the voice of design in the company. This is a great opportunity for a Senior Product Designer who wants to step up their level of impact without going into a people-management. Some of the things that you will be doing:
- Fully autonomous from discovery to delivery; you will be in charge of pursuing user research and converting it into delightful product user experiences.
- Be the center of user-empathy in the company; you'll be the bridge between support, engineering, sales.
- You have the roadmap under control, from discovering high-impact problems to solve, to measuring the success & failures of new releases.
- Productise and standardise the transcription and subtitle market with consistent experiences that impact 10,000s of people.
- As the voice of Design in the company in a small team of 14, you'll fundamentally impact the future of our product
What you'll bring
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our team and believe that they can come from anywhere. Extensive CVs and endless cover letters don't impress us. Driven people that are skin in the game do.
- You have a clear design methodology. You know where you're going and you have a plan A, B and C on how to get there.
- You have the communication skills to help set up roadmaps and make strategy come to life.
- You truly enjoy getting to the heart of customer problems: you read support tickets, jump on sales calls and run unexpected customer interviews.
- You take ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail. When something is off it's almost offensive to you.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial mindset: you enjoy being scrappy and aren’t scared of showing your work early.
- You have worked on a complex UX project that had a big impact on the product, for example, redesigning an onboarding flow or a new feature.