1. Purpose of Processing Personal Information
CLASSUM collects the minimum amount of personal information that is necessary to provide services to Users and obtains consent from Users for the collection of such information. The items of personal information that are collected are shown below, which are used only for the notified purposes. CLASSUM processes personal information for the following purposes and does not use it for any other purposes.
- To perform obligations under the service agreement, settle charges for services rendered, purchase and pay for service, and manage membership;
- To authenticate individuals prior to allowing the use of membership-based services for the management of Users, conduct personal identification, prevent illegal or unauthorized use by delinquent Users, confirm Users' intention to execute service agreements, verify age, handle complaints and other grievances, and provide notices to Users;
- To develop and specialize new services (products) for marketing and advertisements, deliver advertising information, such as event information, etc., understand access frequency or compile statistics on Users' use of the services; and
- To restrict the number of subscriptions, preserve records for dispute resolution, build a service environment to strengthen privacy protection, monitor Users' satisfaction with the service and goal satisfaction status, calculate statistics on lectures, classes, and interests, etc.
- To verify the Users’ identification, contact the Users for confirmation of inquiry and/or verification of fact, respond to the Users’ inquiry
2. Items of Personal Information to be Processed
- CLASSUM processes the following items of Personal Information
- Required items: names, e-mail address
- Optional items: affiliated institution, profile image, occupation, consent to receive marketing information; and
- CLASSUM may collect additional personal information if the User provides additional personal information to us to use the services.
Information, such as access IP addresses, advertising ID (AAID, IDFA, etc.), cookies, and access date/time, etc. may be automatically generated and collected to check whether any content has been used in the process of using the service or operating the business or other matters.
CLASSUM collects usage details of the Users, such as name, lecture name, and attendence rate(%) from the partner content provider when the User uses the content provided by such partner content provider.