**Hi there! We're looking for people who love working with kids to come on to Primer and facilitate online, audio-only kid-centered events.
We don't have openings for this role today, but we expect this position to have new openings regularly based on our changing needs. If you're interested, please reach out and we'll follow up with you when a new role opens up!**
This is a part-time, paid contracting position. Hours and length are flexible but we're looking for 10-20 hours a week of availability for at least 8 weeks. Currently, our most popular hours are between 9AM and 3PM PST.
Please read on, and if interested, reach out to email@example.com with a bit about yourself and your relevant experience!
🌈 What is Primer
- Primer is building tools that help creative kids and homeschooling families come together to take their interests far.
- One of our core products is Primer Rooms. Rooms are live, audio-chat spaces for kids to meet and hang out with peers while solving puzzles, discussing open-ended problems, or talking about interesting hypothetical scenarios. You can find the upcoming schedule here.
- Primer rooms are focused on empowering kids to lead the conversation and are open to kids ages 9-14. We have rooms that are led by a facilitator from Primer as well as rooms that are led by kid-hosts.
💛 About you!
- You have experience working with kids ages 9-14 and facilitating respectful, open discussion between kids of different ages, backgrounds, and maturity levels
- You can adapt quickly and remain calm in various situations that might come up in a conversation with kids, such as poorly expressed disagreement, unexpected background noises, or technical issues
- You're familiar working with online tools like Zoom and Google Meet and can pick up similar tools quickly
- You're flexible working in uncertain and changing environments and are eager to work together to create a new way for kids to learn
- You're interested in a contracting position of at least 8 weeks with about 10-20 hours of work a week (with room for flexibility)
- (Optional) You have experience creating educational content for kids ages 9-14 - we have a separate role described here and would be thrilled if you are interested in both!
🏗️ What you'll be working on
- As a facilitator, you'll prep for and facilitate 5-10 rooms (30-45 min each) a week based on your availability. Content for rooms will be provided in advance!
- Facilitation includes:
- Prepping for the call by reading through content ahead of time
- Maintaining a safe and respectful environment for kids in the room
- Encouraging kid-led discussion around the content in the room
- Helping ensure a good balance of conversation between quieter and more talkative kids
- Improving the Rooms experience, including sharing a written summary of every call