There are a number of considerations that may or may not be relevant to each Predicate Improvement Proposal. This document aims to share a number of questions that should be considered in the discussion process for each PIP.
Questions to address
- What is the estimated cardinality of this predicate?
- If multiple values are allowed, how many different values can this predicate take on? (approximation)
- How many different entities will this predicate apply to? (approximation)
- What is the estimated frequency of new values or changes for each entity?
- What (if any) other schemas does this predicate map to? (Schema.org, Wikidata, etc.)
- Are there any PII (Personally Identifiable Information) concerns with this field?
- Are there any concerns about the ability for an average user to validate data in this field?
- What is the likelihood that data in this field will become stale? How long will the data in this field be relevant?