We are Calibre. We're building tools to help our customers build better, faster websites and applications. It’s our mission to educate and empower anyone to build a fast, accessible web.
We're looking for someone who is passionate, humble and self-motivated. We want someone who sweats the small stuff but has the ability to incrementally improve a growing product.
That's where you come in! As a platform engineer you'll spend your days working to build tools that help our customers.
If that sounds like your jam, we'd love to talk to you.
About the role
- You'll be the first full-time person to join the company after the founder.
- Calibre HQ is in Melbourne, Australia, but you could be almost anywhere in the world, as long as there's at least 2 hours cross over with Melbourne between 7am and 7pm local time.
- You'll work on our custom reporting tools, inclusive of Google's Lighthouse project, Calibre’s reporting UI, help extend functionality of our API, command line interface and everything in between.
- You'll have the freedom to design and develop features and find ways to improve the product.
- As a Calibre team member, you’ll handle support tickets, talk directly with customers, investigate their accounts and help them when issues arise. Everyone at Calibre helps to support our customers.
- You'll see business metrics and will be encouraged to be involved in the process of growing the business.
A typical day in the life of an engineer at Calibre might look something like this:
- Reviewing and triaging support tickets that arrived overnight. Logging any bugs that arise. Learning from our customers. Fixing bugs and following up with customers.
- Remotely collaborating via Slack, Notion, GitHub and video chat.
- Researching and building third party integrations for Calibre.
- Improving & releasing Calibre’s command line client. (Node.js, GraphQL)
- Building customer facing user interfaces in Calibre itself. (React, Apollo/GraphQL, Rails, HTML, CSS / Styled-components)