- The role is remote, permanent and full time (four days a week). You must be eligible to work in one of the 60+ countries supported by Remote.com and have at least 2 hours of overlap with Melbourne, Australia to apply for this role. We don’t offer relocation at this time.
- We are a small company which means each person we hire becomes a lead of their area of expertise. We will expect you to contribute high-quality code, establish processes and make architecture decisions to improve the back-end at Calibre.
- You’ll be working on a diverse set of tasks. While we focus on bigger initiatives, no two days are the same. You might be developing new functionality to support a growing application, optimising
GraphQL queries, finding and fixing bugs or updating technical documentation.
- We rely on resilient and modern technologies. You’ll be working in an environment including
Ruby on Rails,
- We use tools that help us do our best work. You’ll collaborate primarily via Linear, Slack, GitHub and Notion.
- We value deep work and written communication, which is why we’re light on meetings. Apart from weekly team sync and fortnightly 1:1, you can focus on what you do best.
- Everyone at Calibre talks to our customers. You will help with support conversations, and if you’ve never done this before, we will coach you in how we approach delivering the best customer experience.
- The salary range for this role is between $121,000 and $143,000 (including superannuation).
Your day-to-day tasks might look something like this:
- Communication: we might be in a similar timezone, but we often work asynchronously. Clear, strong communication and collaboration is something that comes naturally to you.
- Building and maintaining application functionality: you’ll be primarily working on the Calibre application and its supporting infrastructure. Some of our upcoming projects include migrating the primary metric store from
PostgreSQL to Clickhouse and updating the
GraphQL API to support new performance metric dashboard functionality and using the Github API to improve our Pull Request Reviews integration.
- Housekeeping: keeping our codebase in tip-top shape is as important as building new features. You’ll ensure our dependencies are up-to-date, work on web performance improvements, refactor old code and address issues raised in our support channels.
You will work with:
- Ben Schwarz, CEO and Founder
- Karolina Szczur, Co-founder and Design Lead
- Our upcoming Lead Front-end Developer (React)
It’s important to us that whoever joins Calibre thrives in this role. Here are skills and knowledge that will set you up for success: