Prioritizing Tasks for Next Week
Ideas to Collect
- [ ] List all the tasks and projects not yet started and in progress.
- [ ] Check your previous weekly plan and 90-day plan for any pending tasks to accomplish.
- [ ] Look over the upcoming weeks of your calendar for any new tasks or projects.
- [ ] Is there anything on your mind you haven’t captured? Here’s a great list that could assist you in evaluating your upcoming tasks.
- [ ] Check your notebook, are there any tasks or ideas to develop you haven't captured?
- [ ] Are there any tasks or people you need to follow up on?
- [ ] Write the Next Action task by asking: what is the very next physical action that can be taken with the Collected Ideas?
Tasks to Prioritize
- [ ] Decide the urgency of each task.
- [ ] Evaluate each task and give it a number which represents the percentage of your attention during the week.
- [ ] Read principles and values.
- [ ] Choose the tasks you are committing to accomplish on the Priotities column.
- [ ] Create a filter rule where priorities is checked and sum up all percentages of your commitments. If you are committing to more than 90% you are putting too much on your plate. Reevaluate.
- [ ] Have you scheduled this task?
- [ ] Can you delegate this task? (If applicable).
- [ ] Review spending for the past week, and decide on budget for the coming week.
- [ ] Plan food for the week and add items to grocery list.
- [ ] Process inbox & file anything you’ve put into your inbox over the past week into the correct area (if applicable).