Product teams naturally fall in love with their ideas. This makes it challenging for product organisations to make tough decisions objectively. People can always find reasons not to stop doing something, when it's their baby.
Pivot Triggers is a simple method that removes the emotional and cognitive biases from tough product decisions. With Pivot Triggers in place, you'll correct course faster, and you'll feel confident that every team is truly working on the most valuable initiatives (and not just blindly following a roadmap).
🗣️ "a pretty clever approach to putting the leadership mechanisms in place to avoid zombie initiatives"
– Jared Spool
🗣️ "a truly non-intimidating way into metrics"
– product designer who used Pivot Triggers with her team
- Leaders who want to empower teams without losing alignment.
- Startups seeking Product-Market Fit for a new offering.
- Deciding which additional features to invest in for growth.
- Improving systems for how you make product decisions.
The results you'll see once you're using Pivot Triggers:
- You'll align leadership team needs and expectations with what product teams are really doing.
- You'll create a meaningful decision-based roadmap (not just a feature roadmap that never seems to add real value).
- You'll kill zombie initiatives sooner (with less pain and confusion).
- Your product teams will understand why their work fits in to the wider strategy.
- You'll sequence work to improve your product risk reduction rate.
- You'll get to measurable product outcomes faster.
What you get in the Pivot Triggers package:
- 1 hour consultation to answer your questions and make a plan (book this below)
- 1 hour intro and Q&A for product managers: the method and principles