You have questions about the pictures that you can upload online? We're here to answer them!
But what are the pictures that you are allowed to upload? 🤔
Profile pictures have stricter rules than other pictures in your profile. The profile picture is shown throughout the page e.g. on the news or in the search as a preview image. It is your "business card" for other members.
Aside from the guidelines for other pictures (below) these additional rules apply to profile pictures:
- your profile picture must show you (no childhood picture)
- use a portrait picture with good resolution and quality
- your face and eyes should be clearly visible
- no pictures of body parts like eyes, tattoos or upper body
- no group pictures with other people
- sufficiently good quality of the picture (not too bright or dark, sufficient image size)
- no distortions or image filters (line art or similar)
- The pictures in your profile should show you personally and give an insight into your life (e.g. a picture of you with your friends, with your pets or your children)
- Displeasing pictures and pornography are not allowed
- You picture should not violate public morals
- Pictures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, links or other information to initiate direct contact
- Pictures of children are not allowed if no guardian is clearly visible