- This is a non-clinical role.
- The candidate will work closely with clients to address problems and answer questions, gather and provide information and advice, and connect clients to resources and to the community.
- Candidate will initiate, establish and maintain relationships with clients while developing trust and rapport.
- The peer will act as a coach and mentor and help clients set goals and develop skills.
- They will share and discuss common experiences with clients.
- The peer will help to build a collective sense of community for clients and help clients to create meaningful lives in the community.
We would love to hear from you if
- Candidates must have experience with mental health and/or addiction problems.
- They should also have knowledge/familiarity with the mental health systems and understand client rights.
- The incumbent should possess a holistic perspective of “health.”
- Candidates will demonstrate the ability to work effectively in various settings with people from diverse backgrounds, including clients and co-workers.
- Candidates should be comfortable working either one-on-one or in group settings, must possess excellent interpersonal skills and should be able to adapt to changing situations.
- Active involvement in the community and a willingness to collaborate with others is required.
- Candidates should possess excellent communication skills.
- They should be comfortable with public speaking and the facilitation of group workshops or activities.
- They should also be comfortable coaching others and possess negotiation skills.
- Candidates should be well-organized and have some experience planning and designing events and activities.
- Strong command over language (Hindi + English, or any other Indian regional language)