Disclaimer: we're a diverse team and open to local as well as international applicants. So we wrote this one in English. Yet, good German skills are definitely a big plus, as most of our internal communication is (still) in German.
So, what will you do at TechLabs as PR Manager?
Help to communicate our vision, our approach and our achievements by establishing meaningful relationships with the media, both traditional (newspapers/publishers) and non-traditional (e.g. influencers on social media).
- Build meaningful relationships with stakeholders and journalists at national and international publishers. This includes common newspapers as well as pure-online magazines.
- Create a press kit including press releases about news and achievements of the TechLabs program, and share them with your established contacts to be published at media outlets.
- Experience the success story of TechLabs first-hand and join us at internal as well as external events to report about your impressions.
- Work together with major blogging platforms and (digital education) influencers to increase the reach and popularity of TechLabs content.
You might be a good fit if...
- You have an outgoing personality and a positive attitude which helps you to tackle challenges proactively.
- You love to read and write great stories, especially those that help to communicate a nonprofit vision, and have a sharp intuition for how stories and news are spread into the world.
- You are a digital native and like to work with a portfolio of different media forms (text, podcasts, video, photo, etc.) and a huge variety of distribution channels (newspapers, blogs, social networks, video sharing platforms, etc.).
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and are able to work in a largely autonomous way. However, you are also open to constructive feedback and like to exchange your knowledge in cross-functional teams.
- You would like to rethink digital education together with an ambitious team of volunteers.
- As a bonus, you have worked on challenging projects and ambitious (nonprofit) visions before.
What we offer...
- We are a young, highly-motivated and lively team striving to shape the future of TechLabs
- Being part of TechLabs gives you the opportunity to meet and build a network with like-minded people
- Working at TechLabs is characterized by by a high degree of autonomy as well as creative freedom
- At TechLabs, no question will stay unanswered as there are over ten locations and many colleagues that want to share and pass on their knowledge