At Pento, we have an ambitious mission; there are many paths that can take us where we’re going, but it’s important we walk the same path, together. Our Company Principles are here to guide who we are and how we work at Pento — they’re the intentional backbone of our company operating system. Our Principles are inspirational (not aspirational!) and deliberately actionable, and this page shares more about what each Principle looks like when we put it into practice.
💎 ****Coming 🔜 — a guide to interviewing for our Principles! 💎 ****
Champion the customer
We win when our customers win.
Our customer-obsession drives all the things we do, and fuels us going above and beyond. We’re deeply empathetic to the problems we are solving, and the delight and value we create for our customers. Every single ****touchpoint and experience matters.
💡 In action:
- Many things bring us together here at Pento, but our customers, and the problems we are solving for them, are our truest north star ⭐.
- We believe our work isn’t done until its impact, and value, are in the hands of our customers, and we seek to delight every time.
- By putting ourselves in our customers’ shoes at each turn, we develop a shared understanding of value that drives collaboration across all our teams.
Lead with respect & candour
We get to the best answer, together.
We believe we owe it to one another to bring out each others’ best. We demonstrate profound respect, both for what we have in common, and for our differences. We speak up, candidly share constructive feedback, and find our way to the best outcome.
💡 In action:
- At Pento, everyone is a leader, and can drive impact though inspiration and influence, whatever our role or seniority. Some of us then move into roles where we also manage others and the company, but leading by example is something we all do.
- We understand and respect the human element of every interaction. Candour without respect kills collaboration and would create an environment where our people don’t feel safe to share thoughts and opinions — the exact opposite of what we seek to drive.
- When receiving constructive feedback, we must assume good intent. None of us are perfect, and not everyone delivers a message perfectly each time. But we are curious, not hostile, when challenged because we know we come to these conversations from a good place — these interactions are critical to getting to the best answer, together.
Own your impact
We’re drivers, not passengers.
We proactively seek solutions to the challenges we find, and hold ourselves accountable for the outcomes we bring to life. We approach every challenge as an opportunity, and take ownership both for our own growth, and Pento’s growth.
💡 In action:
- This principle outlines our mindset here at Pento. It can be demonstrated—all our principles are actionable—but this one, more than the others, is also a way of seeing the world that we Pentos bring to our work. By focussing on impact, not inputs, we spend our time driving the most important outcomes.
- As drivers, we take initiative—we take action, we make things better, and we often step outside the scope of our work—and this is only made possible by each of us contributing to building a culture of experimenting, failing safe, learning, and continuously improving.