At Blendle we value the Freedom and Responsibility of giving Proactive and Honest feedback to drive excellent Team Work. We try to build input points into everything we do. We even got feedback on upgrading our Feedback process - all of which is incorporated into the new process below.
Typical Feedback Moments @ Blendle:
- Sprint retro - every 2 weeks. How did the cycle go? What did we learn? How did we feel?
- Agile Process retro - Monthly. How can we improve the process and collaboration?
- BIG HR People Survey - two times a year Q1 and Q4 on Employee experience.
The Quarterly Coaching Feedback Process
At least every Quarter we want to make sure you get a formal feedback and coaching conversation focused on your personal and professional development, and progress. And luckily, the quarterly process aligns to the timing of our Objectives Goals Strategies Measures, so you can chat about both with your manager at the same time.
YOU run your process - End to End. By having full ownership you control your development (that **responsible value again 🙂) and focus on teamwork **and ****honesty ****by discussing feedback together (rather than through your manager). So you're developing from the development process itself!
Let's get started.....!
(1) Complete the Self-Assessment. An overview is sent direct to your inbox.
Self Assessment Form
(2) Ask Others - send a request with the link to the 360 feedback form, to your chosen 3 colleagues (from any team) and your manager . As soon as they respond it will be sent direct to your inbox.
360 Feedback Form
(3) If you have questions on your feedback, grab a coffee with your team-mates to clarify (this is not mandatory)
(4) Consolidate everything, compare your self assessment to peer feedback, prepare ideas and set-up a coaching session with your manager. While you lead the session, your manager will coach you with the goal of agreeing on your development plan. Click below for the template and Save a Copy to your own drive.
Google Docs - create and edit documents online, for free.
My Development Plan Template
💡 Tips for giving useful feedback
- Don’t save all your feedback up - give at the time of the event (or shortly after) - There should be no surprises
- Don't make it personal. Focus on the situation not the person. and how you can work together to improve it for next time.