Here's a summary of our key product features and how they impact our members' experience. You can view product screenshots that illustrate these features here.
🙏 Transparent community
Public is a social investing app, turning investing into a collaborative experience so people can build their financial literacy together.
- Social Feed: Follow friends and subject matter experts. Opt in to see what others invest in, ask questions, and learn about companies from people you trust.
- *Messaging, designed for investors: *****DM or start a group chat with other investors. Embed dynamic stock charts, tag other investors, and invite people in with Zoom-like links.
- Social Sharing: Share your trades out to other social platforms. Grab iFrame embed links to place a widget on a webpage or blog. You can even create a beautiful Instagram Story from your activity on Public.
- Themes: Browse curated themes of stocks so you can more easily discover and invest in companies that align with your interests and the causes you care most about. You can browse our Themes outside of the app here. A few examples:
Putting it into context: Members tell us that they like seeing what people they trust are investing in. They can go a step further by starting a conversation to learn more about why their friend decided to invest.
💳 Debit card funding
Offering the ability to fund your account with a debit card is just the beginning of our journey to build a brokerage app that can run entirely on debit card rails — an important step on our mission to make the stock market more accessible and approachable for everyone.
- Increased Accessibility: Not all banks are created equal. Most banks don’t have a modern API that makes it easy for fintech services to connect your bank account or transfer funds. Debit card funding offers Public members more choice in how they add money, making investing more inclusive.
- Faster Deposits: When members deposit money from their debit card, they receive instant access to those funds in Public. This is a massive improvement in speed compared to ACH deposits, which often have a 3–5 day settlement period.
- Security : Public works with Wells Fargo and Braintree (a division of PayPal) to allow Public members to use a linked debit card to deposit up to $1,000 to their Public account.
- For more information, see our debit card funding FAQ page for details.
🛠️ Tools for long-term investors
Public's community is primarily made up of long-term investors. With this, we're building tools that cater to this investor profile.