This page contains guidance for Organization Leads. Organization leads are the primary contact for an organization when relaying issues to CfA and also responsible for ensuring all site staff are appropriately trained to use GetYourRefund and the Hub. Please make sure you have reviewed the "Getting Started" materials before reviewing this guide.
📎 This guide is also available as a slide presentation.
For additional questions about being an Organization Lead, please post in the Slack.
Table of Contents
- Complete all Onboarding/Offboarding activities - Organization Leads (from both independent organizations and coalition members) are responsible for completing the activities outlined in the onboarding and offboarding checklists.
- Serves as first point of contact for volunteers - ****Since Partner Support provided by Code for America is only available to Organization and Coalition leads, Organization Leads are responsible for establishing a communication pipeline that provides volunteers an opportunity to ask questions, flag issues, and get blockers resolved.
- Provides or coordinates all volunteer training - Organization Leads are responsible for ensuring that volunteers have completed the required training modules provided by Code for America. Organization Leads can choose to facilitate training or require volunteers to review training materials on their own.
- Organizes volunteer teams and schedules - As with traditional VITA, Organization Leads are responsible for recruiting and managing their volunteer teams. That scheduling is done separate from CfA and outside of the Hub.
- Monitors flow in the Hub - Organization Leads keep an eye on the volume and flow of tickets assigned to their teams and proactively reach out to Partner Support if their capacity needs to be increased or reduced.
- Monitors and addresses SLA issues - If their teams experience a backlog and cannot respond to clients within 5 days, Organization Leads take the appropriate steps to address the issues with assistance from Partner Support.
- Provides volunteer access to tax software and supervises use - Organization Leads are responsible for inviting their staff and volunteer teams to both the Demo and Live Hub.
- Ensures compliance with SPEC regulations - As an IRS partner, the Organization Lead is responsible for adhering to IRS regulations related to the VITA program.
- Interfaces with SPEC as needed - As an IRS partner, the Organization Lead maintains a relationship with their SPEC Relationship Manager and provides information regarding their participation in GetYourRefund when requested.
- Participates in GYR Partners Slack channel - The partner Slack channel is a key communication tool in the GetYourRefund pilot. Organization Leads can request up to three accounts for their staff.
- Elevates issues to GetYourRefund team - ****Since Partner Support provided by Code for America is only available to Organization and Coalition leads, Organization Leads are responsible for establishing a communication pipeline that provides volunteers an opportunity to ask questions, flag issues, and get blockers resolved.