Register an Application
💡 To setup an OAuth App with Height please register by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a client ID and client secret.
You must provide:
- Name - A name for your app. Users will see this name when the application requests permission to access their Height account and in Height where they can review the list of authorized apps.
- Redirect URI - From the OAuth spec, this is where the user will be redirected after successful or failed authentication. This must be an “https” url.
- Install URL - The url where users can access and/or install your app. This must be an “http” or “https” url.
- Workspace - Workspace that will be linked to your integration. Your integration will initially be only only available to that workspace. Contact us when it’s ready to be released to Height’s customers
- Access Type - This specifies the access types your app allows. Workspace permissions provide access to public lists and tasks and post as an app bot. User permission provide access to public and private lists and tasks available to the user and post on their behalf. Please specify “workspace”, “user”, or “both”.
- Short Description - A one line description of your app.
- Description - A more detailed description in bullet point or paragraph format with additional information about your app.
- Avatar - This is the icon displayed in Height to further identify your app to users.
- Screenshots - If you would like to display screenshots of your app in Height along with the description please provide 1-5 images.
User Authorization Endpoint
From your application a user will click a button that says “Connect with Height”, which will direct them to Height’s authorization endpoint and displays a page asking the user if they would like to grant access to your external application.
AUTHORIZATION CODE GRANT
Height uses authorization code grant flow, in which an app should:
- Send a user to the authorization endpoint to approve access of your app to their Height account.
- Get a redirect from the endpoint with a
code in the parameters.