In this guide, we’re going step by step to install Notiolink for Free!
Completion Time: ~15 minutes
What is a Branded Link?
You should have seen some like in this picture
Basically branded link is a shortened URL built around a brand/event name or related term that helps to associate the company with the links, content, and information you share online.
But why do we need to put our brand on links?
- Your long links will be far much easier to remember
- It will look more professional than using generic shortened links like bit.ly or intip.in
- Helps to create brand awareness by distributing your links
Why should we shorten links in the first place?
- Inserting reference (ex: web.com?ref=linkedin) – This helps with link tracking, but inserting reference makes a link long and ugly. A link shortener allows you to hide, or mask, your reference behind the new shorter version.
- Easily change destination URL. Changing outdated links or google form links? you don't need to redistribute the links, just change them directly
Let’s get into the tutorial!
We will start the tutorial by configuring the Notion first. You’re going to need a notion account for this, do signup on https://www.notion.so/signup
Grabbing Environment Variables
If you see the .env.example file on the repo, we can see that there are 3 notion envs we need to fill