Effective Date: March 19, 2021
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Information We Collect
We generally collect information in the following ways: if and when you provide information directly to us, automatically through our Services, and from third-party sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect below.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on how you interact with our Services. Here are some examples:
- Basic Account Information: ****While you can browse parts of our website without registering, we ask you to sign up for a com account to access certain parts of the Services (e.g., to participate in one of our classes). When you sign up for a monthly.com account, we may ask you for basic personal information such as your email address, first name, and last name. We may also allow you to submit additional voluntary account information, such as a profile picture, your bio, or country/city you’re located in. You can also sign up to receive email newsletters and promotional offers from us or to join a waitlist for a class by submitting your email address.
- Public Profile Information: ****If you have an account with us and enroll in a Monthly class, certain of your profile information will be used for your public profile. For example, your username, profile picture, and self-reported location of residence are part of that public profile, along with any other information you choose to put into your public profile, such as your bio. Your full public profile is visible to other registered Monthly users, while your username and profile picture are visible to any of our website visitors, so please keep that in mind when deciding what information you would like to include.
- User Content: The content that you create and submit (e.g., images, videos, recordings, or other classwork) through the Services will be visible to registered users, such as your tutors and other students. ****We maintain a copy of such content and may append other information to it, such as comments and ratings from your instructors or peers. ****If you choose to engage in student discussion boards, blogs, or similar features and submit comments, ratings, or other content, we maintain a copy of this content. Your completed project submissions are made visible to all website visitors in our student galleries. You may remove your content from the galleries directly within your account settings or by contacting us at email@example.com. We may also collect certain information metadata associated with your content. Certain public user content may also be viewable by other website visitors and registered users of the Services.
- Communications with Us: ****You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, communicate with us by email, mail, chat, phone, or otherwise regarding the Services or a support question. We collect and maintain a record of your contact details, communications and our responses.
- Other Information We Collect Regarding Your Usage of Our Services: ****We may also collect information about your use of our Services, such as your order and subscription history and purchases. We may also collect certain personal information about you from third parties, such as ratings, comments or grades provided by your instructor.
- Instructor Accounts: If you are a class instructor and use the Monthly App, we collect personal information from you through the Monthly App, including your name, profile picture, and bio, as well as content you provide through the app, such as comments and ratings of student work or other content that you submit through the App.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may also collect personal information about how you use the Services (e.g., using cookies and pixel tags), such as IP address, advertising ID, location information, browser type, device type, domain name, the website that led you to our Services, the website to which you go after leaving our Services, the dates and times you access our Services, and the links you click and your other activities within the Services. We may also use pixels in HTML emails to understand if individuals read the emails we send to them (“Usage Data”). We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your name and other personal information. (For more information, see the Cookies and Tracking Information section below.)****
How and Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below: