Remote / Full-Time
At Mochary Method, we are creating software that helps CEOs operate their companies effectively, built upon the foundational ideas of the Mochary Method.
Our founder, Matt Mochary, is the leading tech CEO coach in the world. He currently coaches CEOs such as Brian Armstrong (Coinbase), Steve Huffman (Reddit), Henrique Dubugras and Pedro Franceschi (Brex), and many more. He started Mochary Method because CEOs of these companies were wishing for software to implement the company operating system that is Mochary Method.
We are a remote-first company with a team of 19 based in the USA, South America, and EU. (When we co-work, we do so during California working hours.) As a small team, we’re all generalists and constantly picking up new challenges. We’re looking for experienced people who can pick a problem and solve it.
→ You can learn more about us here
→ You can learn more about our vision here
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, and leadership
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Maintain and extend our Figma component library
- Design and ship high-quality products
By Day 30...
- Read the Mochary Method Curriculum
- Shadow internal product meetings to learn our PM process
- Shadow internal design meetings to learn our design process
- Complete 3 tickets in our Design Tracker by solving and designing small fixes for UI/Bug fix tickets
- Do 4 coaching sessions with your manager to familiarize yourself with the tool
- Do a design audit for one section of the app, fully understand its function, its roots in the method and its flaws. Write a 1-pager proposing how it can be improved or changed
- Perform a user interview with Matt (our primary customer and head coach)
- Watch 3 summaries of competitor research we have compiled in house
- Watch 3 recorded coaching sessions with real CEOs
By Day 60...
- Start working on medium size design projects
- Create 1 new spec for a project that you feel our tool is missing. Share it for feedback with peers and to create buy-in
- Contribute to our design system by searching for well-used patterns and composing existing components together into a new one
- Do a design audit for 3 more sections of the app. Fully understand their functions, their roots in the method and their flaws. Write a 1-pager for each proposing how it can be improved or changed
- Perform 3 customer interviews with at least two different CEOs that are using the tool
By Day 90...
- Work with engineering to ensure at least one small and one medium size project you worked on has shipped
- Started working on a large project, helping flesh out the spec, wireframes, customer testing, etc.
- Research and compile new Competitor Research documents for any new tools in the space which appeared since you joined.
- Fully understand the Mochary Method and be the advocate for it in all discussions
You might be a good fit if you...
- Are willing to work California working hours most days for co-working and collaboration
- Love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Leverage prototyping skills to articulate your designs
- Value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading large projects
- You have superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
What We Value
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Focus on quality, proactive conversations, rather than reactive execution
- Living wholesome balanced lives, throughout our work and personal lives
- Actively seeking to learn and view feedback as a beautiful gift
Interested in learning more? Watch this Loom 👇
✨ Do you have other questions? Check out our Hiring FAQ!