This month’s Journal Club was hosted by Dr. Karen Talia (AU).
The theme was: Non-serous tumors (Ovary)
This month's presenters and articles were:
- Lea Haralabopoulos (Australia) presenting: Deolet E et al. Extrauterine Mesonephric-like Neoplasms: Expanding the Morphologic Spectrum. Am J Surg Pathol. 2022 Jan 1;46(1):124-133. PMID: 34183523.
- Theoni Haralabopoulos (Australia) presenting: Feinberg J et al. Clinical, Morphologic, and Molecular Features Associated With Ovarian Metastases From Pattern A Endocervical Adenocarcinomas. Am J Surg Pathol. 2022 Apr 1;46(4):509-518. PMID: 34889854
- Reshma Pujari (Australia) presenting: Rajendran S et al. WT1 Positive Ovarian Endometrioid Tumors: Observations From Consult Cases and Strategies for Distinguishing From Serous Neoplasms. Int J Gynecol Pathol. 2022 Mar 1;41(2):191-202. PMID: 33782345.
This month I once again had a co-host, another veteran Journal Club presenter, Dr. Sameera Rashid.
Here are the articles that were presented:
- Ordulu Z, Young RH. Sertoli-Leydig Cell Tumors of the Ovary With Follicular Differentiation Often Resembling Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumor: A Report of 38 Cases Including Comments on Sex Cord-Stromal Tumors of Mixed Forms (So-called Gynandroblastoma). Am J Surg Pathol. 2021;45:59-67.
- Bennett JA, Young RH, Howitt BE, et al. A Distinctive Adnexal (Usually Paratubal) Neoplasm Often Associated With Peutz-Jeghers Syndrome and Characterized by STK11 Alterations (STK11 Adnexal Tumor): A Report of 22 Cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2021 Jan 29.
- Baillard P, Genestie C, Croce S, et al. Rare DICER1 and Absent FOXL2 Mutations Characterize Ovarian Juvenile Granulosa Cell Tumors. Am J Surg Pathol. 2021;45:223-229.