Is this one of your use cases?
You might be experiencing some of these pain points:
- Your team isn't spending enough time addressing key pieces of debt
- You have difficulty making the case for technical projects even though they have clear business value
- You keep being asked to do short term fixes instead of fixing the underlying issues
If so, you might want to use Stepsize to make the case for technical initiatives.
Why improve how you advocate for tech initiatives
Make better strategic decisions
Addressing the right debt at the right time is key to achieving your business goals — whether that's delivering an ambitious roadmap, improving engineer morale, or keeping your customers happy.
What you should do during your trial
- [ ] Create a proposal for a key technical initiative you'd like to present to leadership
- [ ] Collaborate with you peers to define the impact & effort of your proposal
- [ ] Support your proposal with empirical evidence of the cost of the debt
⇒ See Making the case for technical initiatives
This will give you a playbook to make the case for technical initiatives, and you'll experience how different the conversation with leadership is when you present clear information that helps them make prioritisation decisions.
How to have all the information you need to prioritise technical initiatives