🦌 We automatically read minds through attitude appraisals.
Attitudes are mirrors of the mind. They reflect thinking.
- You can say one set of words and mean completely different things through attitude and inflection.
- Body language, facial expressions, and vocal tone are huge factors of any conversation, and can spin it many ways.
Grow These Attitudes
- I'm activated.
- You are important.
- Service first.
🦌 To activate others, to get them to be enthusiastic, you must first be enthusiastic yourself.
Enthusiasm can make things 1000% better.
- All it takes is some enthusiasm to bring life into things that lack it; think about a club or an organization that is fading away. It probably is because the leaders don't really have much enthusiasm or excitement concerning it.
- Math Club would have been much more exciting if we brought energy to it; but often it just devolved into a quiet lesson over topics that the leader himself wasn't really passionate about. This is why so many people quit.
- You must bring excitement and energy to everything you do, lest they fade away too.
How To Develop Enthusiasm for Anything
- Dig into it deeper
- Think about something that you're not excited about; now think about how much you know about it. Chances are that your deficient interest is a product of your lack of knowledge.
- "To get enthusiastic, learn more about the thing you are not enthusiastic about."
- Find all you can about a subject or person, and your interest in it or them will soon start to expand.
- My problem about my lack of love for college was I didn't really dig deep into it.
- I should have steered into the swerve and leaned into it, and dug into the community.
- I could have learned all I could about the environment, socialized with the people, and made myself feel like a true citizen from day one.
- This would have radically changed my experience.
- In everything you do, life it up
- Enthusiasm of lack of it shows in everything. If you can add a little to every small aspect, things will drastically change.
- A conservative, mouse-like handshake is often worse than no handshake at all. So be strong and proud.
- "People go along with the fellow who believes what he says."
- Whatever you say, put enthusiasm behind it, and it will be remembered.