💡 The recording for this lecture can be found here.
Transitioning From Analysis
The design phase answers how the solution will operate.
The deliverable of this phase is a system specification.
- At the start of this phase, you should have your RDR from the analysis phase.
- Prototypes that are created fall under the design phase.
- BAs work on non-technical design, just mock-ups, etc.
The design strategy describes how we will create the system.
An example of a design strategy is custom development.
- Generally, this is a choice between either making the system, or buying the system, or doing both.
- Almost every system has a combination of making and buying the system.
An organization can use an alternative matrix to evaluate how important different criteria are.
Making the system involves creating it from scratch.
This could be done for the following reasons.
- Unique function are required (for a competitive advantage).
- More personalization is needed.
- There are distinct business rules.