About Life School
- Life School's mission is to make life better, one new skill at a time.
- We do this by producing short "TLDR-style" guides on life skills (e.g., Cooking, Cleaning, Personal Finance, Home Maintenance, Gardening).
- Lessons are heavily researched, vetted by industry-leading pros & presented in a standardized, bullet point-based style, approximately 500 words each. We audio record lessons & add videos where helpful.
- You can check it out here: www.trylifeschool.com.
- Our learners are curious, busy, and excited to develop knowledge & skillsets.
- Life School recently raised a pre-seed round from Precursor Ventures, Craft Ventures, Quiet Capital, Jason Tan, and a few angels.
About the Lead Researcher Role
- Role Description: Researchers are responsible for building lessons & courses. They do this by analyzing & empathizing with the needs of beginner learners, developing compelling syllabi, digging into subjects, problem-solving with category experts, and structuring key takeaways into compelling lessons.
- Skillsets & Qualities: Expert analyst, structured problem solver, curious, empathetic for challenges of young adults, interested in DIY & skills-based learning, loves to write
- Desired Background: 2+ years prior work experience, ideally in Journalism, Technical Writing, Product Management, Finance, or Management Consulting.
- More details about the role: High level IC role with path to management if desired, reports to company founder. Freelance, contract & full time positions are all available. Competitive salary & equity compensation. Flexible hours. Role is remote & highly autonomous.
- To apply: Please fill out this form. No cover letter necessary.
- Please feel free to share this JD. Thank you for reading to the end! 🙏