LatinxVC is a group of experienced venture investors focused on growing and supporting the Latinx venture capital ecosystem. We aim to grow the number of Latinx professionals in venture capital, help Latinx venture investors grow their careers and network, and increase the dollars flowing to Latinx venture investors.
About the Program
Our 8-week program is designed to prepare participants for a successful role as an Analyst, Associate, and Senior Associate at a Venture Capital firm. The program is designed to help equip Latinx candidates with the tools and community that they need to break into the venture capital industry.
- Curriculum/ Programming: Weekly sessions serve as the foundation for demystifying the venture capital trade. Seasoned investors and industry experts will provide in-depth tutelage and training.
- Mentorship: Each Fellow will be paired with two VCs to help reinforce lessons, learn how they broke into the industry, answer your questions, and be your champion.
- Project Based Learning: Thesis building and hands on learning gives participants a rare first-hand look at a wide array of intellectual and operational challenges venture capitalists navigate.
Who is this program for?
- If you are an early career professional who graduated Class of 2014-2019
- You have between 2–7 years of full-time work experience and are considering a career in venture capital
- Individuals who identify as Hispanic or Latinx
What will you learn?
We are partnering with incredible investors and organizations for our classes. You will learn the day to day of an investor, build on your skillset (modeling, evaluating, diligence), learn to source, how to identify great companies, how to build conviction, and of course, VC recruiting and how to stand out in the application process.
What will our Fellow class have in common?
- Intellectual curiosity
- Dynamic thinkers and problem solvers
- Robust work ethic
- Collaborative yet independent
⭐️ Who will be teaching our lessons? 📚
- Miriam Rivera at Ulu Ventures