🕰️ Last updated: 22 Jun 2021
This is an announcement regarding keeping your Zoom classes safe.
Dear parents & students,
With the recent concerns regarding Zoom-bombing and other privacy issues with Zoom, we would like to assure you that we’re taking precautionary steps to ensure that this does not happen during our classes. We understand your growing concerns, and we would like to address that to ensure the safety of your child.
Here are some precautionary steps that we have taken:
- Separate passwords for each virtual class. Admission is by password only.
- Establish a Zoom waiting room for participants, and allow hosts to admit participants and reject potential hackers or unwanted guests.
- Lock down the meeting once all the participants have joined.
- Avoid publicly post meeting links on social media or any other public forum.
- Students can choose to use Webcam video depending on their preference.
- No recordings are done offline or online during the session, unless otherwise informed.
- Pre-schedule meetings before the class, instead of using the instant meetup link.
What can you do on your side?
- Create Zoom account using an email address, instead of linking to social media accounts such as Facebook and Gmail.
- Only sign-in using the meeting link that you received from us.
- Update your Zoom app (on your phone or computer) from time to time.
- Make sure you don’t share sensitive information (such as bank account numbers) in Zoom.
- Download the original Zoom app (please see below).
- Avoid sharing our Zoom link and password with your friends & family unnecessarily.