Hey! The Peak is looking for a Daily Newsletter Writer to join our team. While the position is remote, our company is based in Toronto and candidates must be located in Canada.
🚨 We are currently hiring for this role. Apply here.
About The Peak
Let's face it: Canadian business news can be pretty dull. Before The Peak, Canadian business coverage was dry, complicated and hard for even the most patient reader to get through. But we knew it didn't have to be that way. Canada has some great business stories—they just need to be told in a way that modern business leaders would actually enjoy.
So that's what we did. Through our daily newsletter, we offer an entertaining and informative summary of the biggest business and tech stories that matter to Canadians in an email that only takes 5 minutes to read.
- Our daily newsletter is read by over 70,000 Canadians, and
- The Peak Daily podcast is the number one Canadian business news podcast in the country.
- Draft stories and other sections for the daily newsletter, and other content as required.
- Develop ideas for stories and work with the team to determine editorial direction.
- Contribute ideas and create other editorial projects, such as features, guides, and articles.
- You must be a strong writer with the ability to write direct, clear, and concise copy.
- You do not need to be an expert in business, but you must have some interest in the topic (or you will not enjoy this job) and a willingness to learn.
- Curiosity and eagerness to dive deep into new topics.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated writing experience (freelance or unpaid is okay — we just want to know you can write) and work experience in or around business news.
- Ability to write in The Peak’s style (quick, entertaining, informative).
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, without micro-management.
- Ability to write quickly and meet tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources and provide context to give readers the insights they need.