Source - https://techcrunch.com/2016/06/27/jason-lemkin-just-raised-a-70-million-fund-heres-how-he-did-it/
TL;DR - Jason Lemkin is a founder who was able to become a solo VC and raise a large debut fund due to his thought leadership in the SaaS space.
Helpfulness - 4
Tags - notable investors, saas, micro vc
- Who is Jason Lemkin?
- What is his impact on the VC industry?
- Jason Lemkin started several SaaS companies before becoming a thought leader in the space and then becoming a VC, debuting with a $70 million fund.
- Lemkin attracted an audience through blogging and answering questions on Quora about SaaS businesses.
- He then created a website and started hosting events including an annual SaaStr conference that attracts thousands.
- His new fund is called SaaStr fund and it is notable for its size and the fact that he’s the only GP.
- He plans to use an inbound-only philosophy where founders seek him out rather than vice versa.
Follow up links: