🔻 Slides + interactive notebook
▶️ March ‘22
▶️ July ‘22 (newer)
- What: An in-person, hands-on, free workshop
- For whom: the workshop is limited to PhD students, postdocs, and PIs affiliated with the University of Tübingen
- When: March 30th, 2022, from 9:00 to 13:00 (with pauses)
- Where: Tübingen AI Center, Maria-von-Linden-str. 6, 72076 Tübingen, Lecture Hall (ground floor, Room 00-28/A7)
- Instructors: Álvaro Tejero-Cantero and Seth Axen, ML ⇌ Science Colaboratory, Cluster of Excellence ML for Science
- Covid regulations: 3G-rules apply (proof of vaccination or past infections or negative test). Wearing a FFP2 mask is mandatory for participants.
In the tutorial part, we will discuss with the aid of interactive demonstrations topics such as
- Foundational ML notions: data features, model complexity, generalization, evaluation of performance, ...
- Neural networks: automatic feature extraction, choice of architecture, iterative training, pretraining and fine-tuning.
- Data types: text, time series, relational data, images, ...
- Programming ML models vs. traditional software.
- The ML workflow in practice, from data collection to performance evaluation.
- Some limitations of ML for science.
In the workshop part, we will jointly look at specific use-cases brought by the attendees and discuss how to design a ML project for each of them.
- Scholars from all disciplines are invited to join; no math or programming skills will be assumed.
- Bring your own laptop, and please check your eduroam config before coming!