Rust Workshop 2
Leaving off from last time
- Stack vs heap
- Stack is: "scratch space" used for functions and variables, fixed-size, and each function call
- Heap is: "extra space" for data that's kept around between function calls or, dynamically (?) sized datas
- Let's look at some C
- What is meant by "allocating"?
- "Use after free" & "Memory leak"
- Garbage collection?
- Quickly touching on lifetimes
Borrows, borrows, borrows (Vids + Exercises)
- Command line program:
- Usage: dict text.txt
- Function: Reads the words in text.txt, and organizes them based on the starting letter. Example:
hi this is a text file with some words and stuff