Source - https://mitsloan.mit.edu/ideas-made-to-matter/intrapreneurship-explained
TL;DR - Intrapreneurship brings entrepreneurship into corporations to help drive innovation.
Helpfulness - 4
Tags - Intrapreneurship, entrepreneur, startup, hackathon, innovation time
- What is intrapreneurship?
- Intrapreneurship is when an employee works like an entrepreneur within an established company.
- The Post-It note is a famous example of intrapreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship is looked at as a way of creating value, not necessarily a startup.
- Intrapreneurs have access to their parent company’s resources and are not risking their own money.
- Intrapreneurship have less flexibility.
- Methods of incentivizing intrapreneurship include idea fairs, hackathons, sandbox funds, and innovation time (e.g. Google’s “20% time”).
- It is important for companies to have large portfolios to account for expected failures.
Follow up links: