A very informative loom update 12-Jan-2021:
General idea: Handle Remote data as if it was your financial information. You shouldn't share it with everyone and, if you share it, you should know why they need it and what they will do with it.
💡 You can read more about personal data, its definition and examples here: https://www.notion.so/remotecom/Personal-Data-Definition-Examples-5dfa8fd5104f45de925e0d066a04605f.
Data Classification Policy
For more information, please review the full Data Classification Policy here.
Slack, Notion, Hubspot
- Don't share PII (Personally Identifiable Information) like ID (identity document) numbers, CC (credit cards), customer and employee data, etc. directly in these tools (read Information handling for guidelines to do it)
- Use the employee's URL or Employee ID found in Employ in all public places
- Don't share restricted files directly. We should upload the files to GDrive, restrict access to that file/folder to the people who need it, and share the link in our internal tools.
- Do not share Notion documents directly to the public. If you need to collaborate with external users (vendors, customers, partners, etc), contact
#it-help who can set up a Teamspace for this purpose.
- Do not install Slack bots, tools, or any other add-ons for whatever purpose - they have access to our data and may lead to a security breach for which Remote will be entirely liable.
- Do not expose/leave our tools open if in a public space.
- Lock the computer when you need to leave it unsupervised(Command+Control+Q can be used as quick shortcut on Mac).