- Suresh Sambandam, the Founder & CEO of OrangeScape, makers of "KiSSFLOW" wrote a vision document of sorts for India's Trillion Dollar SaaS Opportunity.
- Talking to a lot on entrepreneurs I realise that a lot of them have not read this document. I believe it is a seminal piece of writing and very well written and, It clearly lays out not the just the Vision(who doesn't have that in 2020), but also a clear path to get there.
- I particularly liked the "Pyramid Model". It is classic systems thinking at play and takes into account the crucial role of all the important stakeholders in the eco-system from entrepreneurs to investors to service providers to the talent contributors.
- I would highly encourage anyone who is a part of Indian Software Ecosystem or wants to understand it better to read it.
- How to get to "Trillion Dollars In Value" with a brand new sector of an economy ?
- How is (SaaS) different from India's wheelhouse of IT industry ?
- High quality revenue with order of magnitude of difference difference "Enterprise Value"
- How to: Exactly do that ?
- Pyramid Model: 100,000 $1 Million Companies, 1,000 $10 Million Companies, 66 $1Bn Companies.
- What would it take ?
- Focus and carve out a Niche : Niches Can Lead To Riches
- Do not chase the beautiful, tall, blonde girl(read the document for more)
- No Funding, No Excuse
- Location = Cloud
- Talent is equally distributed, opportunity is not. - Fix That
- Think big start small : One "SaaS" At A Time
- Ecosystem -> Great Products -> Talent
- I attach a copy of original document below for anyone who wants to devour it in all its glory. Link
💡 If you liked what you read. You might want to consider joining our newsletter on building great products.