Is this one of your use cases?
You might be experiencing some of these pain points:
- Your team doesn't have a good picture of the worse debt in the codebase
- Your issue tracker's backlog is littered with unusable tech debt issues
- Your sprint plans keep colliding with reality and projects keep getting delayed
If so, you might want to use Stepsize to improve how your team tracks tech debt.
Why improve how you track tech debt
Make better strategic decisions
Better tracking brings visibility
With visibility comes awareness
Awareness leads to better planning decisions
What you should do during your trial
- [ ] Create 1-3 debt items to capture debt that's been on your mind lately
⇒ See Tech debt items
- [ ] Ask your team to report debt related to these items — code to refactor, time lost because of the debt, etc.
⇒ See Tech debt reports
This will give you a better feel for how tracking debt with Stepsize works and help you picture the value of doing it this way.
How to realise the full value of Stepsize's better tracking
Did we miss something? Do you have any questions? Reach us at email@example.com.