Discussion is from: 16:24 - 48:58
We'll keep this document open for any community members to add value to this discussion. We will be drafting this into an article for our library. If you'd like to tag where in our meeting that we had each conversation, please do help with timestamps!
- We tend to switch projects before we finish, leaving a string of unfinished work. Why?
- We have goals that we have not completed after years. Why?
- 80% Unmet Expectations (Why and What) / 20% - Variance
- We think we don't deserve it?
- We need to treat ourselves like someone we are responsible for helping
- Laziness is a lazy definition
- Make a binary decision: live or die. If I am living, I must as well live the best I can.
- How does grit play a role?
- Ask why? Why am I changing focus? Am I bored? Gave my expectations been unmet? Did I misunderstand the job? Is there something external that has my attention?
- Giving up on the why if it really doesn't matter?
- Inertia is hard to overcome (where we are, where we exist, where we are comfortable)
- There is a spot between inertia and pain - safe failures